Auditions for soloists in the April 24th concert will take place on Thursday, March 8th during our regular rehearsal. There will be a total of 7 soloists chosen.
Things to know for Your Audition
- You will be judged on, in order of importance: confidence, volume, enthusiasm/stage presence, correct pitch and rhythm, and correct lyrics from memory. How you look singing is almost as important as how you sound, so be prepared to show off!
- Go to the “Resources” tab on this website and find the videos of each solo clip and the piano-only versions. Use the clips to learn your part and then practice with just the piano version.
- You may sing up to three of the solo clips at your audition. Choose the ones you sound best on. Although you may audition for up to three different parts, no one will be chosen for more than one solo in the show.
- If you are not able to commit to being at all rehearsals and the concert, please do not audition. Soloists will be expected to attend every rehearsal between now and April 24th (unless they are also absent from school and a parent emails us. Sick happens!)
- We only have time for one day of auditions. IF YOU ARE ILL and can not attend the audition, your parent MUST email us at TPMSChoirDirs@gmail.com BEFORE the end of rehearsal on March 8th. ONLY then will we consider a make up.
- There are a lot of choir members and only a few solos. If you are not chosen for a solo, it does NOT mean that you do not sing well. It only means that the solos available this time are not the best fit for you. Don’t be discouraged!
If you have any questions, email us!